Japantradecar.com used cars from Japan!

Members Login
Post Info TOPIC: THE SAMOAN INVASIONS OF THE TONGAN ISLANDS (ANCIENT HISTORY)


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 460
Date:
RE: THE SAMOAN INVASIONS OF THE TONGAN ISLANDS (ANCIENT HISTORY)


Se Tupuola toe alu su'esu'e toe dig mai nisi tou documents.haha. I also had the same understanding when i first looked into samoan history. All that i was taught at school in samoa etc was Malietoa was King due to the Tuna and Fata story. When i researched this further, i found it didn't add up that is because i was not biase in my thinking, but you, see double you! You are biase because your faalupega is "alo o malietoa" so for you to have glory and enjoy your status, you must prove and eliminate the idea that Tongan never ruled samoa. Ia tatou o'o ia faapea malo le lafoga.

__________________
T.F.


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1851
Date:

Tamavaimauga wrote:

Se Tupuola toe alu su'esu'e toe dig mai nisi tou documents.haha. I also had the same understanding when i first looked into samoan history. All that i was taught at school in samoa etc was Malietoa was King due to the Tuna and Fata story. When i researched this further, i found it didn't add up that is because i was not biase in my thinking, but you, see double you! You are biase because your faalupega is "alo o malietoa" so for you to have glory and enjoy your status, you must prove and eliminate the idea that Tongan never ruled samoa. Ia tatou o'o ia faapea malo le lafoga.


hehe..well, e kulei a le $5 a le kama a le loomakua ia..ke le o faiaku o akoakoa le sa'o ia a'u..o le faasamoa a ia e fai lava i le kele o au pulu..faimai pupualii o le kulafale o kai kekele e lua kama'i faga i le suluga, o le ko'i e faa-tape i le muli, o le pelu ninja e se'i mai i le papakua ma kama'i gaifi e feosofi mai i lima o le ofu..

__________________
"if you're smart, don't respond to my posts..coz you'll never beat me in a debate


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 613
Date:

see-double-u-are wrote:

Manuatele wrote:

Also mr field work lol

Learn the languages of various islands many have a strong influence of Samoan in there language such as Futuna, Uvea, Niue, The Niuaz, Tokelau and more. For a field worker you still have alot to learn lol

Also can someone tell me which Samoan Chief travelled to Tonga and performed a Kava ceremony Dance at a Tongan Chiefs funeral? The dance was honored by the Tongan Royals so much that they made Tongans practice it and perform it the dance is called Otuhaka.

-- Edited by Manuatele on Wednesday 30th of March 2011 10:05:40 AM






se e pepelo ga mea..your research methodology - if you can call it as such - is akin to a kid who left school at elementary..rule and influence are two different things..


there's a good book call 'dances of tonga' you can read and learn about all the different histories of tongan dances..the taoalunga and the mauluulu you will find were only introduced to tonga by a travelling samoan party only in the 1870s..i doubt the samoan mauluulu is even 200 years old..the taualuga is the highlight of a samoan po ula..before the palagis came it could be any siva and did not necessarily have to be the taupouof the village..mea ga faako'a influence e palagi iga ua omai..i aso agamua e le o gi kaupou igi po ula..




Maybe you should try the book William Mariner. He is the one Tongan scholars cite from for he witnessed the Traditional and Ancient Tongan Dances. Mind you when he was in Tonga he noticed a strong Samoan presence in Tonga the reason is because of the Samoan Tui Kanokupolu dynasty was at its peak in Tonga.

As for Niue, Uvea, Tokelau, the Niuaz etc study there languages its all mixed with Samoan.

Double seems to me you only know the history of Malietoa uso Samoan history doesnt start with Malietoa that is only a fragment of Samoan Wars and history. Expand your knowledge beyond Malietoa learn about Tui Manu'a, Tui Kanokupolu, Tui Atua, Tui A'ana expand your narrow mind.

__________________
Samoa I Sisifo Ma Sasae


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1890
Date:

see-double-u-are wrote:

Tamavaimauga wrote:

Se Tupuola toe alu su'esu'e toe dig mai nisi tou documents.haha.
I also had the same understanding when i first looked into samoan history. All that i was taught at school in samoa etc was Malietoa was King due to the Tuna and Fata story.
When i researched this further, i found it didn't add up that is because i was not biase in my thinking, but you, see double you! You are biase because your faalupega is "alo o malietoa" so for you to have glory and enjoy your status, you must prove and eliminate the idea that Tongan never ruled samoa.

Ia tatou o'o ia faapea malo le lafoga.





hehe..well, e kulei a le $5 a le kama a le loomakua ia..ke le o faiaku o akoakoa le sa'o ia a'u..o le faasamoa a ia e fai lava i le kele o au pulu..faimai pupualii o le kulafale o kai kekele e lua kama'i faga i le suluga, o le ko'i e faa-tape i le muli, o le pelu ninja e se'i mai i le papakua ma kama'i gaifi e feosofi mai i lima o le ofu..


Se o gae ua galo ia oe le kolo'pa lea e komo mai i lou muli..hehe!

-- Edited by IesuMoAu OKAY on Wednesday 30th of March 2011 08:35:01 PM

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1851
Date:

Manuatele wrote:

see-double-u-are wrote:

Manuatele wrote:

Also mr field work lol Learn the languages of various islands many have a strong influence of Samoan in there language such as Futuna, Uvea, Niue, The Niuaz, Tokelau and more. For a field worker you still have alot to learn lol Also can someone tell me which Samoan Chief travelled to Tonga and performed a Kava ceremony Dance at a Tongan Chiefs funeral? The dance was honored by the Tongan Royals so much that they made Tongans practice it and perform it the dance is called Otuhaka. -- Edited by Manuatele on Wednesday 30th of March 2011 10:05:40 AM


se e pepelo ga mea..your research methodology - if you can call it as such - is akin to a kid who left school at elementary..rule and influence are two different things.. there's a good book call 'dances of tonga' you can read and learn about all the different histories of tongan dances..the taoalunga and the mauluulu you will find were only introduced to tonga by a travelling samoan party only in the 1870s..i doubt the samoan mauluulu is even 200 years old..the taualuga is the highlight of a samoan po ula..before the palagis came it could be any siva and did not necessarily have to be the taupouof the village..mea ga faako'a influence e palagi iga ua omai..i aso agamua e le o gi kaupou igi po ula..

Maybe you should try the book William Mariner. He is the one Tongan scholars cite from for he witnessed the Traditional and Ancient Tongan Dances. Mind you when he was in Tonga he noticed a strong Samoan presence in Tonga the reason is because of the Samoan Tui Kanokupolu dynasty was at its peak in Tonga. As for Niue, Uvea, Tokelau, the Niuaz etc study there languages its all mixed with Samoan. Double seems to me you only know the history of Malietoa uso Samoan history doesnt start with Malietoa that is only a fragment of Samoan Wars and history. Expand your knowledge beyond Malietoa learn about Tui Manu'a, Tui Kanokupolu, Tui Atua, Tui A'ana expand your narrow mind.

eh..se o mea ga o austronesian ma samoa-ic ma tonga-nic mo mea a primer three ga mea..e le maua se pusa apa a seisi..

__________________
"if you're smart, don't respond to my posts..coz you'll never beat me in a debate


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 613
Date:

Sole double answer me this:

Why is it in Tonga there are islands today that have Samoan mixed in there language while Samoa doesnt have Tongan mixed in our language? Why the Royal Language of Tonga is Samoan? Why Tonga practices so many Samoan dances and customs? Why Tonga's Royal Family always leads back to Samoan Roots? Why Tonga's Royal Undertakers were Samoans? How did the To'oto'o and Fue get to Tonga? Why Tongan Legends have so many Samoans in it? Why many of Tonga's Matapules were Samoan? Why did Tongan Royals wear the Samoan Pe'a and were tattoed by only Samoan Tufuga? How the Samoan Matai system was established on Tongan Soil? The list goes on.

If tonga ruled Samoa shouldnt it have been the other way around?

Also Tongan history claims anciently the Tokotoko (To'oto'o) and Fue were used by only Kings and Chiefs of old Tonga. Tongan history also addresses that the Tokotoko and Fue are of Samoan origin. Put the pieces together.

-- Edited by Manuatele on Wednesday 30th of March 2011 09:24:04 PM

__________________
Samoa I Sisifo Ma Sasae


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1407
Date:

Manuatele wrote:

Sole double answer me this: Why is it in Tonga there are islands today that have Samoan mixed in there language while Samoa doesnt have Tongan mixed in our language? Why the Royal Language of Tonga is Samoan? Why Tonga practices so many Samoan dances and customs? Why Tonga's Royal Family always leads back to Samoan Roots? Why Tonga's Royal Undertakers were Samoans? How did the To'oto'o and Fue get to Tonga? Why Tongan Legends have so many Samoans in it? Why many of Tonga's Matapules were Samoan? Why did Tongan Royals wear the Samoan Pe'a and were tattoed by only Samoan Tufuga? How the Samoan Matai system was established on Tongan Soil? The list goes on. If tonga ruled Samoa shouldnt it have been the other way around? Also Tongan history claims anciently the Tokotoko (To'oto'o) and Fue were used by only Kings and Chiefs of old Tonga. Tongan history also addresses that the Tokotoko and Fue are of Samoan origin. Put the pieces together. -- Edited by Manuatele on Wednesday 30th of March 2011 09:24:04 PM


very good fesili manuatele.

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 860
Date:

RE:THE SAMOAN INVASIONS OF THE TONGAN ISLANDS (ANCIENT HISTORY) Samoa never invaded Tonga, o lea le mea kou ke faakupu ai kala faapega????

__________________
O a'u o sosai robert ai-valea fai tala pepelo mai aleipata My Facebook (SOSAI ma GEGE - SOSAI 2)


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1407
Date:

sosai o ai lea eke fai iai???

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 613
Date:

sosai wrote:

RE:THE SAMOAN INVASIONS OF THE TONGAN ISLANDS (ANCIENT HISTORY)

Samoa never invaded Tonga, o lea le mea kou ke faakupu ai kala faapega????






Samoa invaded and conquered Tonga anciently lead by Tui Manu'a. Sosai read the first post of this topic. Why is it that many Samoans seem to only know about the Malietoa War and nothing prior to that?

-- Edited by Manuatele on Wednesday 30th of March 2011 11:08:56 PM

-- Edited by Manuatele on Wednesday 30th of March 2011 11:15:13 PM

__________________
Samoa I Sisifo Ma Sasae


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 860
Date:

tama upolu wrote:

sosai o ai lea eke fai iai???



Maguakele lea ga amakaiga le makaupupu.



-- Edited by sosai on Wednesday 30th of March 2011 11:31:13 PM

__________________
O a'u o sosai robert ai-valea fai tala pepelo mai aleipata My Facebook (SOSAI ma GEGE - SOSAI 2)


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 860
Date:

Manuatele wrote:

sosai wrote:

RE:THE SAMOAN INVASIONS OF THE TONGAN ISLANDS (ANCIENT HISTORY)

Samoa never invaded Tonga, o lea le mea kou ke faakupu ai kala faapega????






Samoa invaded and conquered Tonga anciently lead by Tui Manu'a. Sosai read the first post of this topic. Why is it that many Samoans seem to only know about the Malietoa War and nothing prior to that?

-- Edited by Manuatele on Wednesday 30th of March 2011 11:08:56 PM

-- Edited by Manuatele on Wednesday 30th of March 2011 11:15:13 PM

Se Magu'akele! Aua le post mai links FAAKU'A KUSI E KAGAKA IGA UA MAUA LE MALAMALAMA FAAIGILISI. Ae post mai kala ga fai e makua ma kua'a i luma aku o kakou, au'a o kala mogi ga. E lei pelogia Samoa e kupulaga agamua, o le kaugu'u o papalagi ua sui ai mea uma, aemaise kala faasopiko o si kakou AKUGU'U.
Ia maguia.

I have a question for you plz... Where did Tui manu'a come from? O fea ga kupuga mai ai lau Kui Magu'a?

Where does your Manu'atele come from?...plz!



-- Edited by sosai on Wednesday 30th of March 2011 11:53:14 PM

__________________
O a'u o sosai robert ai-valea fai tala pepelo mai aleipata My Facebook (SOSAI ma GEGE - SOSAI 2)


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1851
Date:

Manuatele wrote:

Sole double answer me this: Why is it in Tonga there are islands today that have Samoan mixed in there language while Samoa doesnt have Tongan mixed in our language? Why the Royal Language of Tonga is Samoan? Why Tonga practices so many Samoan dances and customs? Why Tonga's Royal Family always leads back to Samoan Roots? Why Tonga's Royal Undertakers were Samoans? How did the To'oto'o and Fue get to Tonga? Why Tongan Legends have so many Samoans in it? Why many of Tonga's Matapules were Samoan? Why did Tongan Royals wear the Samoan Pe'a and were tattoed by only Samoan Tufuga? How the Samoan Matai system was established on Tongan Soil? The list goes on. If tonga ruled Samoa shouldnt it have been the other way around? Also Tongan history claims anciently the Tokotoko (To'oto'o) and Fue were used by only Kings and Chiefs of old Tonga. Tongan history also addresses that the Tokotoko and Fue are of Samoan origin. Put the pieces together. -- Edited by Manuatele on Wednesday 30th of March 2011 09:24:04 PM


se ka'i vaivai kele gei magaku..there's a lot of tongan influence in the samoan language, place names, matai titles, etc..dances? dunno, mebbe the tongans couldn't shake it like dat..hihi..the point is, you're going about it the wrong way..everybody influenced everybody back then because everybody moved around regularly..

__________________
"if you're smart, don't respond to my posts..coz you'll never beat me in a debate


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 613
Date:

see-double-u-are wrote:

Manuatele wrote:

Sole double answer me this:

Why is it in Tonga there are islands today that have Samoan mixed in there language while Samoa doesnt have Tongan mixed in our language? Why the Royal Language of Tonga is Samoan? Why Tonga practices so many Samoan dances and customs? Why Tonga's Royal Family always leads back to Samoan Roots? Why Tonga's Royal Undertakers were Samoans? How did the To'oto'o and Fue get to Tonga? Why Tongan Legends have so many Samoans in it? Why many of Tonga's Matapules were Samoan? Why did Tongan Royals wear the Samoan Pe'a and were tattoed by only Samoan Tufuga? How the Samoan Matai system was established on Tongan Soil? The list goes on.

If tonga ruled Samoa shouldnt it have been the other way around?

Also Tongan history claims anciently the Tokotoko (To'oto'o) and Fue were used by only Kings and Chiefs of old Tonga. Tongan history also addresses that the Tokotoko and Fue are of Samoan origin. Put the pieces together.

-- Edited by Manuatele on Wednesday 30th of March 2011 09:24:04 PM






se ka'i vaivai kele gei magaku..there's a lot of tongan influence in the samoan language, place names, matai titles, etc..dances? dunno, mebbe the tongans couldn't shake it like dat..hihi..the point is, you're going about it the wrong way..everybody influenced everybody back then because everybody moved around regularly..




Double where is the Tongan influence in the Samoan Language? Where is the Tongan Influence in our dances? There is close to zero Tongan influence even Tongans claim there dances and language is heavily influenced by Samoa not the other way around. You are still stuck in the Malietoa War think prior to that. Did you ever sit and think that the reason there is no Tongan Influence in Samoa is because only 1 Tui Tonga became A paramount Chief in Savaii Talafeii? And it ended with Talafeii.

-- Edited by Manuatele on Thursday 31st of March 2011 08:51:53 AM

__________________
Samoa I Sisifo Ma Sasae


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 613
Date:

sosai wrote:

Manuatele wrote:

sosai wrote:

RE:THE SAMOAN INVASIONS OF THE TONGAN ISLANDS (ANCIENT HISTORY)

Samoa never invaded Tonga, o lea le mea kou ke faakupu ai kala faapega????






Samoa invaded and conquered Tonga anciently lead by Tui Manu'a. Sosai read the first post of this topic. Why is it that many Samoans seem to only know about the Malietoa War and nothing prior to that?

-- Edited by Manuatele on Wednesday 30th of March 2011 11:08:56 PM

-- Edited by Manuatele on Wednesday 30th of March 2011 11:15:13 PM

Se Magu'akele! Aua le post mai links FAAKU'A KUSI E KAGAKA IGA UA MAUA LE MALAMALAMA FAAIGILISI. Ae post mai kala ga fai e makua ma kua'a i luma aku o kakou, au'a o kala mogi ga. E lei pelogia Samoa e kupulaga agamua, o le kaugu'u o papalagi ua sui ai mea uma, aemaise kala faasopiko o si kakou AKUGU'U.
Ia maguia.

I have a question for you plz... Where did Tui manu'a come from? O fea ga kupuga mai ai lau Kui Magu'a?

Where does your Manu'atele come from?...plz!



-- Edited by sosai on Wednesday 30th of March 2011 11:53:14 PM





Sosai

My parents say Samoa conquered Tonga anciently hence Tonga used to be apart of Samoa mind you my parents are from Manu'a. I guess it just depends on which island in Samoa you are from. I noticed Upolu and Savaii glorify the Malietoa War so much that Samoan History to them starts there but sosai Samoan History did not start with Malietoa.

Tui Manu'a is from Samoa he was anciently a direct descendent of Tagaloa. There are various meanings to Manu'atele but my grandfather told me Manu'a got that name from when Tui Manu'a conquered various islands across the South Pacific which included Tonga etc...,,

Read my first post:

Dr Okusitino Mahina majors in Tongan Chiefly History and Oral History.



-- Edited by Manuatele on Thursday 31st of March 2011 08:46:22 AM

-- Edited by Manuatele on Thursday 31st of March 2011 08:47:28 AM

__________________
Samoa I Sisifo Ma Sasae


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1891
Date:

IesuMoAu OKAY wrote:

see-double-u-are wrote:

Tamavaimauga wrote:

Se Tupuola toe alu su'esu'e toe dig mai nisi tou documents.haha. I also had the same understanding when i first looked into samoan history. All that i was taught at school in samoa etc was Malietoa was King due to the Tuna and Fata story. When i researched this further, i found it didn't add up that is because i was not biase in my thinking, but you, see double you! You are biase because your faalupega is "alo o malietoa" so for you to have glory and enjoy your status, you must prove and eliminate the idea that Tongan never ruled samoa. Ia tatou o'o ia faapea malo le lafoga.


hehe..well, e kulei a le $5 a le kama a le loomakua ia..ke le o faiaku o akoakoa le sa'o ia a'u..o le faasamoa a ia e fai lava i le kele o au pulu..faimai pupualii o le kulafale o kai kekele e lua kama'i faga i le suluga, o le ko'i e faa-tape i le muli, o le pelu ninja e se'i mai i le papakua ma kama'i gaifi e feosofi mai i lima o le ofu..

Se o gae ua galo ia oe le kolo'pa lea e komo mai i lou muli..hehe! -- Edited by IesuMoAu OKAY on Wednesday 30th of March 2011 08:35:01 PM

Hahahahaha ga ua maua mai le ie o le U'amea mai Muli hehe

__________________
It is common sense!


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1890
Date:

Manuatele wrote:

sosai wrote:

Manuatele wrote:

sosai wrote:

RE:THE SAMOAN INVASIONS OF THE TONGAN ISLANDS (ANCIENT HISTORY)

Samoa never invaded Tonga, o lea le mea kou ke faakupu ai kala faapega????






Samoa invaded and conquered Tonga anciently lead by Tui Manu'a. Sosai read the first post of this topic. Why is it that many Samoans seem to only know about the Malietoa War and nothing prior to that?

-- Edited by Manuatele on Wednesday 30th of March 2011 11:08:56 PM

-- Edited by Manuatele on Wednesday 30th of March 2011 11:15:13 PM

Se Magu'akele! Aua le post mai links FAAKU'A KUSI E KAGAKA IGA UA MAUA LE MALAMALAMA FAAIGILISI. Ae post mai kala ga fai e makua ma kua'a i luma aku o kakou, au'a o kala mogi ga. E lei pelogia Samoa e kupulaga agamua, o le kaugu'u o papalagi ua sui ai mea uma, aemaise kala faasopiko o si kakou AKUGU'U.
Ia maguia.

I have a question for you plz... Where did Tui manu'a come from? O fea ga kupuga mai ai lau Kui Magu'a?

Where does your Manu'atele come from?...plz!



-- Edited by sosai on Wednesday 30th of March 2011 11:53:14 PM





Sosai

My parents say Samoa conquered Tonga anciently hence Tonga used to be apart of Samoa mind you my parents are from Manu'a. I guess it just depends on which island in Samoa you are from. I noticed Upolu and Savaii glorify the Malietoa War so much that Samoan History to them starts there but sosai Samoan History did not start with Malietoa.

Tui Manu'a is from Samoa he was anciently a direct descendent of Tagaloa. There are various meanings to Manu'atele but my grandfather told me Manu'a got that name from when Tui Manu'a conquered various islands across the South Pacific which included Tonga etc...,,

Read my first post:

Dr Okusitino Mahina majors in Tongan Chiefly History and Oral History.



-- Edited by Manuatele on Thursday 31st of March 2011 08:46:22 AM

-- Edited by Manuatele on Thursday 31st of March 2011 08:47:28 AM


I'm from Upolu as well as a Savaii but i and my whole line dont glorify the malietoa war ever, that wasn't even a war, that was just a family dispute with the Savea family and the tuitoga..if you read about it theres only 3 to 4 people mentioned in it..not to mentioned the tuitoga didn't even get hurt or killed and he was free to come back to Samoa as he told Fata & Tuna, so whats the f'n big deal about that..?

There were many others around way before the title malietoa came about..the Tagaloa, Tui-Manu'a, Tui-Atua, Tui-A'ana, even Leifi & Tautolo, Pili etc. and many more with their own histories as "Samoan history" before the title malietoa was even born..

-- Edited by IesuMoAu OKAY on Thursday 31st of March 2011 10:00:00 AM

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 860
Date:

IesuMoAu OKAY wrote:

Manuatele wrote:

sosai wrote:

Manuatele wrote:

sosai wrote:

RE:THE SAMOAN INVASIONS OF THE TONGAN ISLANDS (ANCIENT HISTORY) Samoa never invaded Tonga, o lea le mea kou ke faakupu ai kala faapega????


Samoa invaded and conquered Tonga anciently lead by Tui Manu'a. Sosai read the first post of this topic. Why is it that many Samoans seem to only know about the Malietoa War and nothing prior to that? -- Edited by Manuatele on Wednesday 30th of March 2011 11:08:56 PM -- Edited by Manuatele on Wednesday 30th of March 2011 11:15:13 PM
Se Magu'akele! Aua le post mai links FAAKU'A KUSI E KAGAKA IGA UA MAUA LE MALAMALAMA FAAIGILISI. Ae post mai kala ga fai e makua ma kua'a i luma aku o kakou, au'a o kala mogi ga. E lei pelogia Samoa e kupulaga agamua, o le kaugu'u o papalagi ua sui ai mea uma, aemaise kala faasolopiko o si kakou AKUGU'U. Ia maguia. I have a question for you plz... Where did Tui manu'a come from? O fea ga kupuga mai ai lau Kui Magu'a? Where does your Manu'atele come from?...plz!

-- Edited by sosai on Wednesday 30th of March 2011 11:53:14 PM

Sosai My parents say Samoa conquered Tonga anciently hence Tonga used to be apart of Samoa mind you my parents are from Manu'a. I guess it just depends on which island in Samoa you are from. I noticed Upolu and Savaii glorify the Malietoa War so much that Samoan History to them starts there but sosai Samoan History did not start with Malietoa. Tui Manu'a is from Samoa he was anciently a direct descendent of Tagaloa. There are various meanings to Manu'atele but my grandfather told me Manu'a got that name from when Tui Manu'a conquered various islands across the South Pacific which included Tonga etc...,, Read my first post: Dr Okusitino Mahina majors in Tongan Chiefly History and Oral History. -- Edited by Manuatele on Thursday 31st of March 2011 08:46:22 AM -- Edited by Manuatele on Thursday 31st of March 2011 08:47:28 AM

I'm from Upolu as well as a Savaii but i and my whole line dont glorify the malietoa war ever, that wasn't even a war, that was just a family dispute with the Savea family and the tuitoga..if you read about it theres only 3 to 4 people mentioned in it..not to mentioned the tuitoga didn't even get hurt or killed and he was free to come back to Samoa as he told Fata & Tuna, so whats the f'n big deal about that..?



__________________
O a'u o sosai robert ai-valea fai tala pepelo mai aleipata My Facebook (SOSAI ma GEGE - SOSAI 2)


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 860
Date:

sosai wrote:

IesuMoAu OKAY wrote:

Manuatele wrote:

sosai wrote:

Manuatele wrote:

sosai wrote:

RE:THE SAMOAN INVASIONS OF THE TONGAN ISLANDS (ANCIENT HISTORY) Samoa never invaded Tonga, o lea le mea kou ke faakupu ai kala faapega????


Samoa invaded and conquered Tonga anciently lead by Tui Manu'a. Sosai read the first post of this topic. Why is it that many Samoans seem to only know about the Malietoa War and nothing prior to that? -- Edited by Manuatele on Wednesday 30th of March 2011 11:08:56 PM -- Edited by Manuatele on Wednesday 30th of March 2011 11:15:13 PM
Se Magu'akele! Aua le post mai links FAAKU'A KUSI E KAGAKA IGA UA MAUA LE MALAMALAMA FAAIGILISI. Ae post mai kala ga fai e makua ma kua'a i luma aku o kakou, au'a o kala mogi ga. E lei pelogia Samoa e kupulaga agamua, o le kaugu'u o papalagi ua sui ai mea uma, aemaise kala faasolopiko o si kakou AKUGU'U. Ia maguia. I have a question for you plz... Where did Tui manu'a come from? O fea ga kupuga mai ai lau Kui Magu'a? Where does your Manu'atele come from?...plz!

-- Edited by sosai on Wednesday 30th of March 2011 11:53:14 PM

Sosai My parents say Samoa conquered Tonga anciently hence Tonga used to be apart of Samoa mind you my parents are from Manu'a. I guess it just depends on which island in Samoa you are from. I noticed Upolu and Savaii glorify the Malietoa War so much that Samoan History to them starts there but sosai Samoan History did not start with Malietoa. Tui Manu'a is from Samoa he was anciently a direct descendent of Tagaloa. There are various meanings to Manu'atele but my grandfather told me Manu'a got that name from when Tui Manu'a conquered various islands across the South Pacific which included Tonga etc...,, Read my first post: Dr Okusitino Mahina majors in Tongan Chiefly History and Oral History. -- Edited by Manuatele on Thursday 31st of March 2011 08:46:22 AM -- Edited by Manuatele on Thursday 31st of March 2011 08:47:28 AM

I'm from Upolu as well as a Savaii but i and my whole line dont glorify the malietoa war ever, that wasn't even a war, that was just a family dispute with the Savea family and the tuitoga..if you read about it theres only 3 to 4 people mentioned in it..not to mentioned the tuitoga didn't even get hurt or killed and he was free to come back to Samoa as he told Fata & Tuna, so whats the f'n big deal about that..?
so whats the f'n big deal about that..? for starts, ATTITUDE!




__________________
O a'u o sosai robert ai-valea fai tala pepelo mai aleipata My Facebook (SOSAI ma GEGE - SOSAI 2)


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1890
Date:

Well sosisi spade, its because i being included as an Upolu in what Manu'atele was saying about something that i disagree with... I told you before to stick with the religion threads because you dont know anything about Samoa history you MORON!! wink.gif

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 860
Date:

sosai wrote:

sosai wrote:

IesuMoAu OKAY wrote:

Manuatele wrote:

sosai wrote:

Manuatele wrote:

sosai wrote:

RE:THE SAMOAN INVASIONS OF THE TONGAN ISLANDS (ANCIENT HISTORY) Samoa never invaded Tonga, o lea le mea kou ke faakupu ai kala faapega????


Samoa invaded and conquered Tonga anciently lead by Tui Manu'a. Sosai read the first post of this topic. Why is it that many Samoans seem to only know about the Malietoa War and nothing prior to that? -- Edited by Manuatele on Wednesday 30th of March 2011 11:08:56 PM -- Edited by Manuatele on Wednesday 30th of March 2011 11:15:13 PM
Se Magu'akele! Aua le post mai links FAAKU'A KUSI E KAGAKA IGA UA MAUA LE MALAMALAMA FAAIGILISI. Ae post mai kala ga fai e makua ma kua'a i luma aku o kakou, au'a o kala mogi ga. E lei pelogia Samoa e kupulaga agamua, o le kaugu'u o papalagi ua sui ai mea uma, aemaise kala faasolopiko o si kakou AKUGU'U. Ia maguia. I have a question for you plz... Where did Tui manu'a come from? O fea ga kupuga mai ai lau Kui Magu'a? Where does your Manu'atele come from?...plz!

-- Edited by sosai on Wednesday 30th of March 2011 11:53:14 PM

Sosai My parents say Samoa conquered Tonga anciently hence Tonga used to be apart of Samoa mind you my parents are from Manu'a. I guess it just depends on which island in Samoa you are from. I noticed Upolu and Savaii glorify the Malietoa War so much that Samoan History to them starts there but sosai Samoan History did not start with Malietoa. Tui Manu'a is from Samoa he was anciently a direct descendent of Tagaloa. There are various meanings to Manu'atele but my grandfather told me Manu'a got that name from when Tui Manu'a conquered various islands across the South Pacific which included Tonga etc...,, Read my first post: Dr Okusitino Mahina majors in Tongan Chiefly History and Oral History. -- Edited by Manuatele on Thursday 31st of March 2011 08:46:22 AM -- Edited by Manuatele on Thursday 31st of March 2011 08:47:28 AM

I'm from Upolu as well as a Savaii but i and my whole line dont glorify the malietoa war ever, that wasn't even a war, that was just a family dispute with the Savea family and the tuitoga..if you read about it theres only 3 to 4 people mentioned in it..not to mentioned the tuitoga didn't even get hurt or killed and he was free to come back to Samoa as he told Fata & Tuna, so whats the f'n big deal about that..?
so whats the f'n big deal about that..? for starts, ATTITUDE!


Thanks Manu'atele for the reply, I'll get back to you later. I have to go, my son is here for some bonding time. (vele my back-yard while the suns up.)




__________________
O a'u o sosai robert ai-valea fai tala pepelo mai aleipata My Facebook (SOSAI ma GEGE - SOSAI 2)


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1851
Date:

IesuMoAu OKAY wrote:

see-double-u-are wrote:

Tamavaimauga wrote:

Se Tupuola toe alu su'esu'e toe dig mai nisi tou documents.haha. I also had the same understanding when i first looked into samoan history. All that i was taught at school in samoa etc was Malietoa was King due to the Tuna and Fata story. When i researched this further, i found it didn't add up that is because i was not biase in my thinking, but you, see double you! You are biase because your faalupega is "alo o malietoa" so for you to have glory and enjoy your status, you must prove and eliminate the idea that Tongan never ruled samoa. Ia tatou o'o ia faapea malo le lafoga.


hehe..well, e kulei a le $5 a le kama a le loomakua ia..ke le o faiaku o akoakoa le sa'o ia a'u..o le faasamoa a ia e fai lava i le kele o au pulu..faimai pupualii o le kulafale o kai kekele e lua kama'i faga i le suluga, o le ko'i e faa-tape i le muli, o le pelu ninja e se'i mai i le papakua ma kama'i gaifi e feosofi mai i lima o le ofu..

Se o gae ua galo ia oe le kolo'pa lea e komo mai i lou muli..hehe! -- Edited by IesuMoAu OKAY on Wednesday 30th of March 2011 08:35:01 PM

hmm.gifmagaia mea e momogo i le muli o lau koeaiga..

__________________
"if you're smart, don't respond to my posts..coz you'll never beat me in a debate


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1890
Date:

see-double-u-are wrote:

IesuMoAu OKAY wrote:

see-double-u-are wrote:

Tamavaimauga wrote:

Se Tupuola toe alu su'esu'e toe dig mai nisi tou documents.haha. I also had the same understanding when i first looked into samoan history. All that i was taught at school in samoa etc was Malietoa was King due to the Tuna and Fata story. When i researched this further, i found it didn't add up that is because i was not biase in my thinking, but you, see double you! You are biase because your faalupega is "alo o malietoa" so for you to have glory and enjoy your status, you must prove and eliminate the idea that Tongan never ruled samoa. Ia tatou o'o ia faapea malo le lafoga.


hehe..well, e kulei a le $5 a le kama a le loomakua ia..ke le o faiaku o akoakoa le sa'o ia a'u..o le faasamoa a ia e fai lava i le kele o au pulu..faimai pupualii o le kulafale o kai kekele e lua kama'i faga i le suluga, o le ko'i e faa-tape i le muli, o le pelu ninja e se'i mai i le papakua ma kama'i gaifi e feosofi mai i lima o le ofu..

Se o gae ua galo ia oe le kolo'pa lea e komo mai i lou muli..hehe! -- Edited by IesuMoAu OKAY on Wednesday 30th of March 2011 08:35:01 PM

hmm.gifmagaia mea e momogo i le muli o lau koeaiga..

Sole puki'o! alu la e kui le muli o lou koeaiga o kavika..

__________________


Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 6
Date:

I also know something about Ancient Polynesians History. Ancient Empires are richest folk ever before. These Ancient Empires still surviving near by the South Pacific Islands

__________________
last minute flights to London


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1651
Date:

IesuMoAu OKAY wrote:

Well sosisi spade, its because i being included as an Upolu in what Manu'atele was saying about something that i disagree with... I told you before to stick with the religion threads because you dont know anything about Samoa history you MORON!! wink.gif


HEY MORON YOURSELF! NAME CALLING INDICATES THE LEVEL OF YOUR INTELLECT - ZERO. HEHEHEHEHEHEHHE 000201DD.gif SPADES RITE! 00020461.gif



__________________
Sosai usanames: sosai, SPADE, worrior, farq, Historian, CLUBS, DIAMONDS, HEARTS, TRIBLE A, Preacher11, spade11, SOSAI 2, SOSAI ma GEGE, keepitreel, amt, reeal-deel, vaea88, Vaeomoso, keep itt reel, PEKI SPADE 111, Sosai Aleipata 2nd +


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 43
Date:

spade11 wrote:

IesuMoAu OKAY wrote:

Well sosisi spade, its because i being included as an Upolu in what Manu'atele was saying about something that i disagree with... I told you before to stick with the religion threads because you dont know anything about Samoa history you MORON!! wink.gif


HEY MORON YOURSELF! NAME CALLING INDICATES THE LEVEL OF YOUR INTELLECT - ZERO. HEHEHEHEHEHEHHE 000201DD.gif SPADES RITE! 00020461.gif


LOLOLOLOLOLOL too funny spade

__________________
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss lol Farq's motto - I DON'T CARE!


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1890
Date:

farq off!

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1890
Date:

spade11 wrote:

IesuMoAu OKAY wrote:

Well sosisi spade, its because i being included as an Upolu in what Manu'atele was saying about something that i disagree with... I told you before to stick with the religion threads because you dont know anything about Samoa history you MORON!! wink.gif


HEY MORON YOURSELF! NAME CALLING INDICATES THE LEVEL OF YOUR INTELLECT - ZERO. HEHEHEHEHEHEHHE 000201DD.gif SPADES RITE! 00020461.gif


SOSAI'S MULI 00020382.gif 0002035E.gifSPADE AI MULI


__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1651
Date:

IesuMoAu OKAY wrote:

spade11 wrote:

IesuMoAu OKAY wrote:

Well sosisi spade, its because i being included as an Upolu in what Manu'atele was saying about something that i disagree with... I told you before to stick with the religion threads because you dont know anything about Samoa history you MORON!! wink.gif


HEY MORON YOURSELF! NAME CALLING INDICATES THE LEVEL OF YOUR INTELLECT - ZERO. HEHEHEHEHEHEHHE 000201DD.gif SPADES RITE! 00020461.gif


SOSAI'S MULI 00020382.gif 0002035E.gifSPADE AI MULI

OKAY SAID HE FROM UPOLU, HE ALWAYS SPEAKS OF EATIN MULI AN SH*T, I FINK HES ASHAME OF HIS VILLAGE FALEVAO IN UPOLU0002028A.gif SAU I FAFO UA LAVA GA AI! HEHEHEHEHEHEHE 00020461.gif AUA KE MA FUA OE, ONLY A NAMES! HEHEHEHE

__________________
Sosai usanames: sosai, SPADE, worrior, farq, Historian, CLUBS, DIAMONDS, HEARTS, TRIBLE A, Preacher11, spade11, SOSAI 2, SOSAI ma GEGE, keepitreel, amt, reeal-deel, vaea88, Vaeomoso, keep itt reel, PEKI SPADE 111, Sosai Aleipata 2nd +


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1651
Date:

IesuMoAu OKAY wrote:

There are quite afew Tui-Fiti mentioned in some of the very ancient Samoan genealogies.. Heres one to do with the title "Fata" of Lotofaga. Tui-Fiti married to the daughter of the Tui-Atua and their son name Fata..

Usu Tui-Fiti ia Si'uuilasisifo le alo o Tui-Atua Puluitua faaee le gafa o Fata po'o Fata-igoatele (tama). (Suafa "Fata" o Lotofaga le Aiga Salevalasi)

This was about 10 generations before Tui-Aana Tamalelagi. So you looking at around the 1100's or even earlier..



SE'I FEAGU UA PIPILO MAI LE MEA 0002068A.gif

-- Edited by spade11 on Friday 1st of April 2011 11:52:20 PM

__________________
Sosai usanames: sosai, SPADE, worrior, farq, Historian, CLUBS, DIAMONDS, HEARTS, TRIBLE A, Preacher11, spade11, SOSAI 2, SOSAI ma GEGE, keepitreel, amt, reeal-deel, vaea88, Vaeomoso, keep itt reel, PEKI SPADE 111, Sosai Aleipata 2nd +
«First  <  1 2 3 4 5 69  >  Last»  | Page of 9  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard